Sorry for french people, i decided to write in english. I've just finished 4 evenings spent to migrate one of my PhpNuke website to WordPress's one. The aim of this note is to describe what i've done, as clear as possible to migrate a PhpNuke Website 6.9 to Wordpress 2.3 blog version. Specifications: - WordPress tables are install on PhpNuke database - move all PhpNuke topics to a wordpress category with same ID - move all PhpNuke Comments to a wordpress comment with same ID - move all PhpNuke stories to a wordpress article with same ID
- Copy all WordPress files on your root http server: index.php will be erased by WordPress's one)
- Go to root website and edit file wp-config.php and put your database connexion's parameter.Now you are ready to install WordPress
- Launch http://put your website URL /wp-admin/install.php and fill what's asked. At the end, WordPress is installed but empty. We are ready to migrate site.
- Copy this file Migration php script on your http root and edit then put your database's parameters
- Launch http://put your website URL /migrate_phpnuke_wordpress.php and validate by clicking on button(all stories, topics, comments will be copied in wordpress tables) click on button
- Erase modules.php by this one: it is necesseray to redirect Google links PhpNuke formated to correct link on WordPress site
- Erase rss2.php by this one: Rss2.php file updated to redirect RSS feed readers, it is necessary for RSS subscribers who have bookmarked your PhpNuke RSS feed to not lose your new WordPress feed
- Cleaning: you can remove all nuke directories and files (except modules.php, rss2.php) and also PhpNuke tables.
Now, your Phpnuke is converted to WordPress.
Congratulations ! That's the end.
Go to your new website.
Thanks to Bryan Klingner (firstname.lastname@example.org) who wrote a script i adapted for migratoin.
I hope this how-to will convince you to go to the best today bog platform!